Subject: Re: hd tuning
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Dawid Busse <darthbula@space.pl>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/01/2003 15:14:06
On Sun, Jun 01, 2003 at 02:53:17PM +0200, Micha³ Pasternak wrote:
> Dawid Busse [Sun, Jun 01, 2003 at 02:39:50PM +0200]:
> [...]
> > You think that Linux is better(? for You) then start Your 2xpIV 3GHz (is it
> > enough?) boot Linux and have fun.
>
> Few weeks ago I had NetBSD on my 500MHz Celeron laptop (well, sorry I don't
> have any lousy 486 at home, but I prefer _using_ computers, not toying with
> them). After 2 weeks it was replaced with Linux. Problems with XFree86,
> panics, no APM support - and that was with the stable release of NetBSD.
>
> Debian unstable on 2.4.20 works, it does it very good. No panics, no problems,
> APM works as it should work, not to mention PCMCIA.
>
> I know NetBSD's superiorities in _many_ areas. I know where it beats
> FreeBSD, I know, where it beats Linux. But please, stop talking crap
> about Linux just because it's NetBSD mailing list.
>
> --
> Micha³ Pasternak :: http://pasternak.w.lub.pl
> $ mv /Almo /var  :: miejsce na  Twoja reklame

I had Linux for 4 years... and I had some rare problems ( for ex.kernel 2.4.x
panic on mount old floppy) but I think that this is very system-user dependant. So
maybe try again with more care... I'am using NetBSD current on XP1700+ and I have
no problems...

Nobody is talking 'crap' about Linux - there is nothing bad in sharing with
"benchamrk results" and Your "agression" have no point :)

And another thing about junk machines - do You thing that 5kg war-hammer is good
for 3cm nails?