Subject: Re: hd tuning
To: Dawid Busse <darthbula@space.pl>
From: Vit Herman <dragon@penguin.cz>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/01/2003 14:22:47
On Sun, 1 Jun 2003, Dawid Busse wrote:

> > Nice. How about some tests on today's machines, not ancient junk?
>
> What was that? An microsoft win 2004 slogan?

Exactly. I thought that everybody using unix has enough sense to
understand that hardware is not measured in means of speed but in means of
usability. 386DX-40 is good enough for routing, 486DX4-100 is fast enough
for basic office work and Pentium 200MMX is reasonably fast for any
common office work or web/ftp server serving reasonable number of
requests. Our local OpenBSD mirror has been runing Celeron 433 for some
time quite happily. don't ask: how many MHz or how big disk? but: how can
it do the work for me?

Regards
Vitek Herman