Subject: Re: hd tuning
To: Michal Pasternak <michal@pasternak.w.lub.pl>
From: Quentin Garnier <netbsd-port-i386@quatriemek.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/01/2003 11:08:04
Le Sun, 1 Jun 2003 11:00:35 +0200
Micha=B3 Pasternak a ecrit :
> Wojciech Puchar [Sun, Jun 01, 2003 at 10:47:41AM +0200]:
> > no one. but if you do, just stop posting such a nonsenses.
>=20
> The only nonsense I read here is that NetBSD runs faster, than Linux on
> x86 hardware (and no, I'm not talking about i486 with 8 MB RAM and 40 MB
> drive).

Nothing in this thread made sense anyway.

You're saying Linux runs faster, which, stated like that, doesn't mean
anything. Apparently, =AB faster =BB means =AB more responsive =BB for you,=
 which
is a somehow very different matter.

Human feeling surely isn't a valid benchmark; it barely measures what
could be called =AB desktop-friendliness =BB of the scheduler. People runni=
ng
a kernel with a higher scheduler frequency will have a better feeling, but
it's unrelated to speed.

So, until someone comes up with a definition of what is called speed and
how it is measured on both systems, this thread will not make any sense.

--=20
Quentin Garnier - cube@cubidou.net
"Feels like I'm fiddling while Rome is burning down.
Should I lay my fiddle down and take a rifle from the ground ?"
Leigh Nash/Sixpence None The Richer, Paralyzed, Divine Discontents, 2002.