Subject: Re: hd tuning
To: =?iso-8859-2?Q?Micha=B3?= Pasternak <michal@pasternak.w.lub.pl>
From: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@tensor.3miasto.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/01/2003 11:04:21
> Subject: Re: hd tuning
>
> Wojciech Puchar [Sun, Jun 01, 2003 at 10:47:41AM +0200]:
> > no one. but if you do, just stop posting such a nonsenses.
>
> The only nonsense I read here is that NetBSD runs faster, than Linux on
> x86 hardware (and no, I'm not talking about i486 with 8 MB RAM and 40 MB drive).

so the only explanation is some spacetime deformation you have running one
of those OS'es.

i see exactly the opposite and that's why i moved to NetBSD everywhere.

oh - the exception is disk speed with old 40MB drives i use for routers.
with linux i have to give hda=slow in lilo and got 400-500kB/s from HDD.

With NetBSD it's max 200, down to 50 (slowest machine=faster disk).

that's timing problems but i failed to fix it trying to port behavior of
hda=slow from linux.

anyway it doesn't change routing speed at all except booting.