Subject: Re: hd tuning
To: Ricardo Ryoiti S. Junior <suga@netbsd.com.br>
From: =?iso-8859-2?Q?Micha=B3?= Pasternak <michal@pasternak.w.lub.pl>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/01/2003 09:40:19
Ricardo Ryoiti S. Junior [Sat, May 31, 2003 at 11:55:07PM -0300]:
> 	I cannot agree with you. Have you yet run NetBSD and Linux with a
> bad HD? In most cases Linux will just lock, panic or reboot (*this* is

You run NetBSD with bad HDDs on your production machines? Congrats!

> 	And for old crap hardware, my machine is a Dual Pentium III with a
> VIA686B controller (I know it's still crap, but now that old), and Linux
> will not set drives to run at DMA mode by default (even windows does).

I always thought it's better to have _safe_ settings turned on and leave
potentailly dangerous tweaks to user.
--
Micha³ Pasternak :: http://pasternak.w.lub.pl
$ mv /Almo /var  :: miejsce na  Twoja reklame