Subject: Re: problem with nfs
To: Alain LIEFOOGHE <alain.liefooghe@free.fr>
From: Chris Baird <cjb@brushtail.apana.org.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/24/2003 04:58:25
In netbsd-porti386:
 > the ethernet card is a via rhine II. when i try to be a nfs_client
 > on a NetBSD 1.6.1 nfs server, the connection is established, i can
 > do an "ls" but when i want to copy a file to my notebook, it is
 > slow as an "escargot" and times hang on completely.

My work-around was TCP mounting the NFS export (fstab "system:/foo
/foo nfs -T,rw 0 0"). I've seen this problem for months..

Also, the RhineII NIC chipset I've noticed will drop into half-duplex
mode far too readily if it is left in the default autoselect state.
The affected system here is running GNU/Linux now, where I'm using
"mii-diag -F 100baseTx-FD eth0" and "mii-diag -A 100baseTx-FD eth0"
to disable auto-negotiate.

--
Chris Baird,, <abuse@brushtail.apana.org.au>