Subject: Re: Trouble intalling teTeX
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/16/2003 16:31:13
On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 11:57:17AM -0400, Yasir Malik wrote:
> Thank you very much!  I put LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/X11R6/lib in
> .profile.  We did something with linking to libraries in my Unix
> programming class.  I still can't understand why Esser and teTeX
> mailing list guys wouldn't help.

it's not their software that's the problem, per say.  something went
wrong in compilation.

manipulating LD_LIBRARY_PATH is just a temporary fix.  you need to find
out why xpdf wasn't linked with the proper library locations in the
first place.  in a previous email you indicated:

> I compiled teTeX from source to install it.

I take it you didn't use pkgsrc?

      "It's not fast, but why not?"  --  John Klos on VAX dnet client
  "because it needlessly contributes to global warming?"  --  Paul Vixie