Subject: Re: Weird booting error
To: Yasir Malik <ymalik@cs.stevens-tech.edu>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/06/2003 10:47:42
Thus spake Yasir Malik ("YM> ") sometime Today...

YM> Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 12:29:31 -0400
YM> From: Yasir Malik <ymalik@cs.stevens-tech.edu>
YM> Subject: Weird booting error
YM>
YM> I followed the instructions from this link
YM> http://www.mclink.it/personal/MG2508/nbsdeng/chap-2boot.html#AEN1095
YM> to access my two windows partitions. I typed the following:
YM> disklabel -e wd0
YM>
YM> and then this file came and I typed the following at the end of the file:
YM> f: 20472417        63 MSDOS
YM> g: 12428577  20472543 MSDOS

Are you *sure* that's where your MSDOS partitions start and extend?

i.e.
	 size	   offset fstype
 f:  20472417          63 MSDOS
 g:  12428577	 20472543 MSDOS

Note that 20472417 + 63 == 20472480...

YM> I then added the following to /etc/fstab
YM> /dev/wd0f /c msdos rw 1 3
YM> /dev/wd0g /d msdos rw 1 3

Change those to "rw  1 0" as noted.  Does /c mount all right without
complaining?  How about /d?

...and what happened to the extra 63 bytes in /d, or did the initial
63-byte offset get added twice?

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: daemonic power.