Subject: Re: PCI scsi controller support query
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Doug Donsbach <dldonsbach@tds.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/14/2003 08:49:36
Frank van der Linden wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 13, 2003 at 08:02:24AM +0700, Robert Elz wrote:
>
>>   LSI Logic 53C1030 Ultra320 SCSI controller
>

> Not yet, hopefully soon.
>

>>   Adaptec 39160 Ultra160 SCSI HBA
>

> Yes, by the ahc driver, though only in U2W, not U160. I ported a newer
> version of the FreeBSD driver at the beginning of the year, but had
> problems I didn't understand (no docs) on one machine where the old
> one worked, so I put it on hold for a while. I might be getting back
> to it in the not too distant future.

We (well, Network Storage Solutions in general and Pascal Renauld in
particular) ported the FreeBSD driver in and have this supporting U320
as offered by the Adaptec 7902 in an "ahd" driver.

In addition, the same thing (port of latest FreeBSD driver) has been
done for the ahc driver (finally, CTQ works!).

It should be mentioned that Justin T. Gibbs helped Pascal in this effort.

Pascal is on holiday now (recovering from too much quality time with the
SCSI bus analyzer) but when he returns he will make efforts to get this
work incorporated into NetBSD.

Regards,

Doug
--