Subject: Forcing specific IRQ or address for PCI devices?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/03/2003 18:44:49
So, I have a somewhat quirky AMD SC520-based system... and by "quirky" I mean
there's no evidence that the BIOS configures anything correctly except by
chance.  (Okay, it's not *THAT* bad, but it's sure dodgy.)

The documentation says exactly what IRQ's to use for certain devices, such
as the cardbus.  cbb0 is failing because of an "unconfigured interrupt"; is
there a way to tell the kernel for sure what IRQ a given device uses?  I
know there's the PCIBIOS_INTR_HINT thing, but that's not specific to a device,
and I'd ideally like to tell the kernel which exact device it should give
that IRQ to.

FWIW, on this device, PCIBIOS_ADDR_FIXUP causes core dumps, because it gets
a 0 for the address for at least one device.  I'm not wholly optimistic.  ;)

-s