Subject: Re: UltraDMA/133 on Sis 5597/5598
To: None <marcello.balduccini@ttu.edu, port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Gilbert Fernandes <gilbertf@netbsd-fr.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/03/2003 16:27:27
On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 10:15:16AM -0600, Marcello Balduccini wrote:

> Is the custom kernel reasonably stable ?
> I would be installing it on a server,
> so it should be somewhat reliable.

I would not dare imply that Manuel doesn't write
kick ass C code :o)

The machine has been using that custom kernel
for the last 2 or 3 weeks. I use it as NFS server,
for several Sparc machines that lack hard-disk space.
I have been tracking netbsd and openbsd current
on two sparc boxes and their /usr (and /usr/src) is
served by the 2.66 Ghz box. As I launched each
build on each sparc machine, that box was put under
quite pressure (especially network) and it never
failed :-)

--
Gilbert Fernandes