Subject: Re: BootLoader
To: None <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: David Burgess <burgess@cynjut.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/31/2003 15:38:57
> On Sat, Mar 29, 2003 at 08:00:00PM +0100, Jean-Edouard BABIN wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am wondering what i need to do to reinstall the netbsd bootloader
>
> Which one ? The one which selects the partition you boot, or the one
> which loads the kernel ?
>
>> I have tried lots of thinks but nothing work
>> I have try:
>> /usr/mdec/installboot /usr/mdec/biosboot.sym /dev/rwd0a
>> (there is another installboot in /usr/sbin !)
>
> /usr/mdec is the correct one for 1.6
>
>> And fdisk -B (this ask me for the same as netbsd sysinstall, but not
>> work) Thanks for your help
>
> Maybe try fdisk -i wd0 first ?
>
> --
> Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
>      NetBSD: 24 ans d'experience feront toujours la difference
> --

I'm having a similar problem on a couple of servers.  Whenever I try to
boot, I get a "No Operating System" error.  I know I had an e-mail stuffed
away here somewhere that told how to fix it, but I can't find it.  Both of
these servers are upgrades from 1.5-current or 1.5.3 systems.  After I do
the update, I can't boot anymore.

Hints?

--
Dave Burgess
CTO and Chief Engineer, Nebraska On-Ramp