Subject: uvm_fault
To: <>
From: CompuDroid <droid@balrog.neuropunks.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/26/2003 23:09:20
Ahoy,
    I'm getting some uvm_fault errors on my netbsd 1.6RC_2 t30 thinkpad
whenever I try to compile something. I have the kernel compiled with -g
and I have saved a core... 510 megabytes. Can someone please show me how
to get gdb to debug a kernel core? I know how to do it for when normal
binaries crash... but "gdb netbsd.gdb netbsd.0.core" doesnt seem to be
correct. Also.. this system has 512 megabtes of ram.. the BIOS
recognises it as such but netbsd only sees 510 megabyes. Can anyone
explain this? Could it possibly be the reason for my uvm_faults?

Thanks!
Will Bendick