Subject: Passing boot flags (again)...
To: NetBSD i386 port <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/25/2003 10:51:15
Hey, folks,

I'm just thinking about ways to pass boot flags/strings up to the
bootloader, but no way reliable is coming to mind.  I'd settle for
the ability of reboot(2) to skrog something that the bootblocks might
know how to retrieve, as hackish as it sounds.

It would just be really nice for ports that don't have FW support
for keeping boot flags/strings sitting around to be able to run

netbsd# reboot -- 'wd0g:netbsd -sa'

for example.

I apologise if this is deemed a closed or unsolvable issue.  I can't
help but think that there must somehow be a way to make this work.

Thoughts and comments on this in any constructive direction would be
most appreciated.

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD is PAR -- Powerful, Advanced, Reliable.  Is your OS up to PAR?