Subject: pckbc: command timeout
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Jonathan Perkin <sketch@rd.bbc.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/22/2003 21:36:06
Hello,

Over the last few days I seem to be getting a lot of

pckbc: command timeout
pms_disable: command error

which completely kills the mouse for a period of time in X.  Switching
back to a console then X again fixes it, or sometimes it fixes itself
while left in X.

NetBSD batfink.intra.nut 1.6 NetBSD 1.6 (GENERIC)
XFree86 Version 4.2.0 / X Window System
Build Operating System: NetBSD/i386 1.6 [ELF] The NetBSD Foundation, Inc.
pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60-0x64
pckbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
pckbc0: using irq 1 for kbd slot
wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0
pms0 at pckbc0 (aux slot)
pckbc0: using irq 12 for aux slot
wsmouse0 at pms0 mux 0

Anyone else seen this, or have any ideas why I'm getting it?  Seems to
be occuring more frequently as time passes, which is getting worrying...

Thanks,

--
Jonathan Perkin - Internet Operations Engineer - BBC Internet Services
24x7 Hotline: +44 (0)1628 407 777 (x37777) - http://support.bbc.co.uk/