Subject: Re: "real" OpenBSD compat - how hard would it be?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/21/2003 13:05:36
--9Ek0hoCL9XbhcSqy

On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 08:34:30AM -0800, Jason Thorpe wrote:
> On Thursday, March 20, 2003, at 10:39  AM, David Laight wrote:
> >Could you make it a property of the filesystem that contains the=20
> >binary?
> Err, I suppose in theory one could do that.  But that doesn't mean it=20
> would be a good idea :-)

It would address a specific circumstance that I expect David's
thinking of: a dual-boot OpenBSD/NetBSD machine with some shared
partitions. Or a system migrating from OpenBSD to NetBSD but wanting
to keep locally developed applications without immediate
porting/recompiling cost.

--=20
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net