Subject: Re: "real" OpenBSD compat - how hard would it be?
To: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
From: Roland Dowdeswell <elric@imrryr.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/20/2003 03:59:39
Jaromir Dolecek wrote:

>Well, we do have old version (4.x) in pkgsrc/lang/ghc, even through it
>only works for a.out x86, i.e. max NetBSD 1.5. There is a FreeBSD
>port for 5.04.2 (ports/lang/{ghc|ghc-doc}/), so it shouldn't
>(in theory) be particularily hard to make it working under NetBSD.
>At worst, using the FreeBSD bootstrap compiler. Or you can just run
>the FreeBSD ghc binary under emulation.

I tried this last year with a few versions of ghc and found that
it was pretty easy to get the distribution with the shipped .hc
files to build binaries that would then fail to run.  I didn't take
it much further than that, though.

--
    Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/