Subject: Re: PowerEdge 600SC - Summary and Questions
To: Henry R. Bent <hbent@cs.oberlin.edu>
From: Adam Glass <adam@clarity.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/18/2003 21:52:43
Actually, this is very apropos of that other port-i386 thread... one of
the two motherboards I've been looking at for a dual Xeon system I'm
building uses the ServerWorks GC-SL chipset (the SuperMicro X5DEi-GG --
see http://www.supermicro.com/PRODUCT/MotherBoards/GC_SL/X5DEi.htm),
and the other is Intel E7501-based with an Intel 82545 gigabit Ethernet
interface (the SuperMicro X5DPL-iGM --see
http://www.supermicro.com/PRODUCT/MotherBoards/E7501/X5DPL-iGM.htm).
Anyone (Jason?) know if the 82545 will be supported by the wm driver?

1.6.1 support for Intel 82545-based Ethernet interfaces would be
fantastic.  If the powers that be are listening and it isn't too late
to get UDMA support for the ServerWorks CSB6 controller into 1.6.1,
that'd be darn spiffy too.  If it doesn't make it, I guess I'll try
the patch that Dave suggested.