Subject: Re: birda
To: Ohgren, Daniel [Non-Employee/0454] <daniel.ohgren@pharmacia.com>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/07/2003 09:29:49
In message <81A52CA9CE040948809DAD901A413C14027E4C12@seupdms001.dia.eu.pnu.com>
, "Ohgren, Daniel [Non-Employee/0454]" writes:
>Hi,
>
>just installed NetBSD 1.6 for the first time...first time user on any *BSD.
>Works like a charm for now...but my problem is the usage of the birda utils.
>Everything is installed and so but how do I use them.
>
>I have tried this with the similar irda-utils for Linux between two
>Linux-machines and Tekram 210B dongles, and made them communicate. Now I'd
>like for NetBSD and birda utils to do the same with only mandatory layers
>and at the most IrCOMM (no OBEX).
>
>How do you setup the IrDA stack? Only "irdaattach -d tekram /dev/tty01? Is
>this enough for go?
>
>Hoping for some answers =)
>
>Regards Daniel

I have the following in rc.local; it lets my Thinkpad T21 talk to my
Palmpilot:

	/usr/sbin/irdaattach -f tty01 && echo irdaattach
	/usr/pkg/bin/irs -Y -c -y /dev/ptyqf -d /dev/irframe0

I have no idea what, if anything, one would do with dongles.
(Btw -- I tried using the output of irdaattach instead of /dev/irframe0,
but the code is buggy.  I filed a PR, but I don't think the fix has
been pulled up into 1.6.1.)