Subject: Re: Non rebooting Compa EVO N800w
To: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/04/2003 21:33:17
On Sat, 8 Mar 2003, Greg Troxel wrote:

> 1.6.1-\epsilon can't reboot on an Athlon 1200.  IIRC 1.5.3-4 worked
> ok.  I had chalked this up to athlon differences, and not gotten
> around to figuring this out.

	I'll dig out a 1.5.x install CD and test on the EVO.

> This machine is on a Belkin keyboard/monitor switch, which seems to
> work ok.
>
> This machine has another problem, which is that the CD loses after
> reading a few blocks.  4 machines behave the same.  I had hoped the
> better PCIIDE support for the M5229 in 1.6 would fix this, but it
> seems to behave the same as 1.5.x.  I doubt these the CD issue is
> related, but I thought I'd mention it.

	Given you have a desktop have you trieed pulling out as many
	devices as possible and seeing if there are any BIOS settings
	that can be changed?

	The hardware in my laptop is a little... fixed, and the BIOS
	has less features than a uVaxII PROM...
--

		David/absolute          -- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --