Subject: Correction (was: X11 on IBM Thinkpad 760XL impossible?)
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Fox <eric@fox.phoenix.az.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/27/2003 12:34:12
I must confess, I mis-spoke earlier.

My 760 laptop has been running lid-down for several weeks at a friend's
office providing mail services for a failed, and not yet replaced, NT
server.  The up side is that he's quite surprised and happy with the
"improved" performance he's getting from the 760 over the similarly aged
NT machine which had failed.  When the hardware is finally replaced he's
agreed that we should install NetBSD on it (grin).

However, late yesterday I had the opportunity to look at the laptop again
and realized it's an "XD", rather than an "XL" as I had mis-remembered.
I'm not sure if the XL & XD's chipsets are similar, but I suspect the
XF86Config file I'd been using on it may not work on an XL.

My apologies for any confusion this may have caused.

With this in mind, if anyone would like the *XD* XF86Config file, it can
be found at:

  http://fox.phoenix.az.us/~eric/resources/ibm-760XD.XF86Config

  /\---/\  Eric J Fox
 /  o o  \ http://fox.phoenix.az.us/