Subject: Re: bktr driver
To: Ron Roskens <roskens@elfin.net>
From: Louis Guillaume <lguillaume@berklee.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/20/2003 01:42:19

>My hardware is the Hauppauge WinTV-radio (#401).

I have the same card as well. I just can't for the life of me figure out
how to get its audio going in NetBSD.

>NetBSD does not have any support for the digital audio interface from
>this board either (linux has it via btaudio) although you could use the
>lineout and connect it to your soundcard. (it shows up as a multimedia
>function 1).

Before I get to the point of capturing audio/video, I'll need to have a
working version of fxtv or something similar. As of now I can watch but
not listen. The lineout you're describing: is it the physical lineout
that you're just passing a 1/16" jack through to the sound card or are
you talking about doing this with software? (multimedia function 1)

It's just not clear how this is supposed to work. Is fxtv (or whichever
software package) supposed to see my soundcard, read from the audio
segment of bktr0 and the write to /dev/audio all by itself or do I have
to do some plumbing?