Subject: Re: cdrecord fail!
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: yo _ <exhausted01@hotmail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/19/2003 20:47:04
You can ignore that last email i got it to work. How? instead of dev=15,2,0
i used dev=/dev/rcd1d. I still have some questions. First, Why did using the
scsi device numbers for the device work with my other CDRW drive and fail
with the one i just installed? Also, Before i posted the last email, i tried
using dev=/dev/rcd1a and that failed. What is the difference between the cd
device suffix a and d and what are their respective purposes? Also, What is
the difference between using the r prefix on devices, such as /dev/rcd1d
instead of /dev/cd1d? (i've noticed this on many other devices in NetBSD and
i never noticed any difference in operation, i've been using the r
interchangably) Thanks a lot for the anticipated answers!
-rian