Subject: Multiple Gig-Ether cards functional?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: David W <djw@spamcop.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/17/2003 09:14:43
(I tried the following question on KAME's snap-users and didn't get an answer:)

I'm looking at building a testbed IPSec router/BITW SG using NetBSD 1.6
using its KAME IPSec stack.

Does anyone have any experience putting two Gigabit ethernet cards, such as
one using the "Intel i82544GC 1000BASE-T Ethernet" chip, which is supported
in NetBSD 1.6, in a single 2.x Ghz PC?  Will KAME function ok with the
kinds of traffic you could put through this?  Any idea on the maximum
throughput with "null" ESP IPSec tunneling through such a system?

Do I really need a PCI-X based computer coupled with Intel 82544EI PCI-X
cards?  I  don't know if the dev/pci/if_wm.c driver will support that directly.

thanks,
-david