Subject: Re: Problem with aic7899
To: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
From: Eric Schnoebelen <eric@cirr.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/14/2003 17:55:33
Frank van der Linden writes:
- On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 04:45:11PM -0700, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:
- > Is it just this card?  The newer driver uses a tad bit more of
- > the scratch ram on the chip.  It wouldn't surprise me if one of your
- > cards has a spotty ram location that just isn't used by the older driver.
- > Can you swap the card and see if the problem is persistent?
-
- Hm, well, it's on-board, and I have no card to replace it. I suppose
- a wider test audience might show if I have a hardware problem or not.

	Any chance of sharing the preliminary patches?  I've got
a couple of Dell's (a 2450 and a 2500) sitting here with on-board
7899's, and an Intel ISP2150 with an onboard 7896.  I've kinda put
it on my queue to do the update as well...

--
Eric Schnoebelen		eric@cirr.com		http://www.cirr.com
	  "There are only 10 kinds of people in the world --