Subject: Re: Problem with aic7899
To: Justin T. Gibbs <gibbs@scsiguy.com>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/13/2003 17:27:46
On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 09:23:40AM -0700, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:
> > It works fine on one system, but fails on another one, in a way I don't
> > quite understand, and which doesn't seem to be related to NetBSD-specific
> > code. However, since it does work in FreeBSD, something specific to NetBSD
> > must obviously be the cause.
>
> Can you be more specific about the nature of the failure?  Are there any
> driver diagnostics produced during the failure?

I'll update the tree with the ported driver in it, and will try to reproduce
the problem (shouldn't be hard, I could reproduce it with a dd(1) as I
recall). I'll probably have some time to do that this weekend, I'll send
you any diagnostic output. Or maybe earlier if I find a compiled kernel.

My recollection is that the sequencer drops out with an internal RAM
parity error.

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                                    fvdl@wasabisystems.com