Subject: Re: APM *and* ACPI or is it APM *or* ACPI?
To: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/11/2003 10:39:06
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org> writes:
> Jared D. McNeill wrote:
> > How are you associating the acpifan driver with acpitz?
>
> Not at all at this moment. I'm not sure how properly
> export the fan list from ACPI thermal zone. I didn't think
> about this too hard yet, to be honest.

You don't really want a fan driver per se -- neither Linux nor FreeBSD
do one, for the good reason that the fans simply exist as something to
be turned on or off when the _ACn levels are exceeded.

The FreeBSD Thermal Zone driver works perfectly well, by the way,
without much effort in our framework. I'm thinking very strongly of
simply using it.

Perry