Subject: maillog and messages
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: yo _ <exhausted01@hotmail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/10/2003 18:08:17
Stupidly and blindly, a couple of weeks ago i deleted two files:
/var/log/messages and /var/log/maillog. I thought they were just temporary
files that could be deleted but the next day i logged on to my system and
found alerts from syslogd that it was missing and needed those files. I am
not sure what those files exactly are, but is there anyway to remake them,
or if they are "unremake-able" can someone kindly send me them in
attachments (if they aren't unique to each system). Thanks a lot!
-Rian