Subject: Re: Kernel Messages Using CDR/CD-ROM
To: Daniel Bolgheroni <dab__@uol.com.br>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/04/2003 01:00:21
On Mon, 2003-02-03 at 20:53, Daniel Bolgheroni wrote:

> I'm trying to eliminate these messages from appearing in console, so I commented this line in syslog.conf:

They're always going to go to /dev/console because that's a kernel
printf, and /dev/console is the main tty in wscons unless you're running
xconsole(1) in X11.

Run cdrecord from a different wscons virtual terminal, or run cdrecord
after running script(1) to capture it's output to a file if that's your
concern.

-lava