Subject: Re: Testing 1.6.1_RC1
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
From: Christian Hattemer <chris@heaven.riednet.wh.tu-darmstadt.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/04/2003 01:48:23
Hello Steven,

On 03-Feb-03, you wrote:

>> From what you say, your problems are almost certainly in either X or
> the kernel.  You can rename /usr/X11R6 to /usr/X11R6-1.6 and create a
> new /usr/X11R6-1.6.1, and symlink /usr/X11R6 to one of the two.  Then
> you can boot a 1.6.1 kernel and test.  To my knowledge, there are no

I have done so with the 200302010000 build from releng. It's still broken.

I have installed the minimal X sets and the GENERIC kernel. This kernel has
agp enabled, but I don't think it would help to make a kernel with that
turned off, because it didn't help with 1.6 also. I had already spent a lot
of time trying various kernel options when 1.6 came out.

I can make dmesg and XFree86.0.log available if somebody wants to see.

Bye, Chris

--
          __
         /// Amiga 4000T 040/40                    /~\ The ASCII