Subject: Re: Follow-up java 2 on netbsd/i386
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Scott Bartram <scott@bartram.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/01/2003 00:39:51
On Friday, January 31, 2003, at 09:38 PM, Michael Graff wrote:

> Erik Osheim <eosheim1@swarthmore.edu> writes:
>
>> Nick Cuccia clued me in to sun's java packages in pkgsrc
>> (sun-jdk13,sun-jdk14) which I must have missed. I've installed them
>> and everything seems to work well.
>
> What ever happened to a native port of sun's jvm to netbsd?  Wasn't
> this something wasabi was going to do?
>
> --Michael

It's already been done for i386 and powerpc and in-progress for sparc.
The problem is that we can't release a binary package until some very
complex license issues are resolved. I honestly don't know what the
status of those issues are - I lost faith it would ever get done a
long time ago :-(

The adventurous can build it themselves by downloading the Sun source
and *BSD patches from:
http://www.eyesbeyond.com/freebsddom/java/jdk13.html

scott