Subject: Re: an fdisk that supports extended partitions
To: Pavel Cahyna <pavel.cahyna@st.ms.mff.cuni.cz>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/27/2003 21:12:11
On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 09:36:07PM +0100, Pavel Cahyna wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have two questions:
>
> 1. Will it work under 1.6_STABLE?

There is no reason why it shouldn't...

> 2. will it be smart enough to start the first partition at offset 63
> sectors (I believe) which is a standard in the i386 world for some
> reason?

If you type locations/sizes as cylinders or megabytes it will
align everything on the expected boundary.
Put in sector numbers and you get what you deserve :-)

> I would like to try it, as I find the current fdisk quite horrid.

Do try it, put yourself into group 'operator' and run as an
unpriviledged user - then you won't accidentally do anything nasty.
(use the -r and -w options).

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk