Subject: SA kernel data point
To: NetBSD i386 port <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/22/2003 14:07:32
[should I have sent this to current-users?]

Just a data point for an SA kernel:

I'm running XMAME, and I'm noticing that it occasionally loses some
timeshare here and there.  It does not do so for a pre-SA-merged kernel.
Is this something likely to be solved by recompiling XMAME (I don't think
it uses threads...), or is CPU slice allocation just handled somewhat
differently?

Kernel: NetBSD 1.6M 20030121
Userland: 12 December 2002

...I should probably recompile and reinstall userland, huh?  I'll go do
that and I'll be back.  On the other hand, if anyone can report on this,
I'd be appreciative...

				--*greywolf;
--
"Never mind the bollocks, here's NetBSD!"