Subject: db> sync does not work?
To: NetBSD i386 port <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/17/2003 11:11:30
Hey, all, apologies if this is a known bug, but it's been nailing me
for quite some time now.

at the "db> " prompt, "sync" immediately returns with
kernel data fault ...

[I don't have the exact data handy, unfortunately...]

Attempts to continue return the same kernel data fault and immediately
drop me to "db> " again.

If I type "sync" again, well, at that point it dumps core and reboots
happily.

Similarly, if I type "reboot", I end up with a similar situation -- it
takes a kernel data fault, continuing won't work, and if I type "reboot"
again, it skips along over the hills and through the woods and back to
Grandma's house, no problem.

The thing that troubles me is that I cannot get it to sync its disks
in either instance.  This is, to me, a problem.

Is this a known bug?

Kernel is 1.6K from sources of 17 December 2002, but it's been happening
to me for easily 12 months or more, on several different brands of box.

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: it's not free beer, but it's free.