Subject: Re: USB device has to be inserted at boot time to be recognized
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: George Michaelson <ggm@apnic.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/15/2003 16:06:42
I don't have an external hub handy but I'll try this and see when I can get
one. Of course, I now find that the USB port on the side of the laptop says:

# usbdevs -v
Controller /dev/usb0:
addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000),
Intel(0x8086), rev 1.00
 port 1 powered
 port 2 powered
#

so maybe there is something about hub initialization which isn't being done
right.