Subject: NetBSD 1.6 & i386 SMP, ACPI, mly
To: i386 Port , SMP <tech-smp@netbsd.org>
From: Conrad T. Pino <conrad@pino.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/14/2003 18:47:07
Hi,

On 2002-10-01 the i386 SMP branch was merged with -current.

I have a dual CPU Intel N440BX motherboard (has ACPI) with a Mylex
AcceleRAID 250 connected disk array.  I need stable, secure, non-stop
operation.  I know, who doesn't want it all and NOW?

Is -current production ready or should I wait for next release with
SMP support and use Solaris 8 Intel until then?

There's slack in the implementation schedule and the I have the box
available for testing for a 2-3 weeks.  Is there any value in making
this system available to the community for testing/debug use?

TIA,

Conrad

http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/N440BX/
http://www.mylex.com/pub/manuals/AR200250.PDF