Subject: Re: Booting to a device other than /dev/wd0a
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: CJ Kucera <pez@apocalyptech.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/14/2003 09:37:06
On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 08:14:05AM +0300, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 19:01:50 -0600, CJ Kucera wrote:
>
> >   * wd0a - Swap
> >   * wd0b - FFS, mounted on /
>
> Why not:
>
>     * wd0b - Swap
>     * wd0a - FFS, mounted on /
>
> Order of partitions on the disk and partition letters are independent.

Hmmmm, that's an interesting idea.  Judging from other posts in this
thread, though, it appears that it's Very Much To My Advantage to have
an FFS partition be at the beginning of the disk, so I think I'll just
have to scrap my plans for being Different in my partitioning scheme.

Thanks!

-CJ

--
WOW: Kakistocracy        |  "The ships hung in the sky in much the same
apocalyptech.com/wow     |    way that bricks don't." - Douglas Adams,