Subject: Finger trouble (was 1.5.3 (customised) kernel build failed)
To: port-i386 <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ball <andy.ball@earthlink.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/13/2003 12:52:33
Hello Manuel,

  MB> Does if_arp.o exist ?

I think it got created during 'make depend'.

  MB> Well. There must be something missing in your kerne
    > config file but it's hard to tell what ...

Found it.  Odd that such a trivial detail as TCP/IP support
could make such a difference! <hides head in shame and can't
find it for weeks>

  MB> Can you post it ?

Not much need now, so I won't post it to the list.  Both my
Web servers seem to be down at the moment.  When Grex comes
back up I'll post it to...

        http://grex.cyberspace.org/~ball/almond.txt

          ...in case anyone wants to have a squint at it (am
I the only person boring enough to enjoy reading other
people's dmesg output? ;-)

Thanks for your help on this Manuel.  I am sorry that it
turned out to be such a silly mistake!

  - Andy Ball.