Subject: Help - Wrecked System
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Ian Harding <ianh@tpchd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/11/2003 09:44:14
I installed a second hard drive into a perfectly good NetBSD 1.5.2 system. =
 I thought I would be clever and install 1.6 on the second drive, leaving =
the first drive intact.

To make a long story short, I screwed up because now I can boot sd0a:netbsd=
, but it doesn't mount /usr so it drops into single user mode since I have =
symlinked some of my config files from /usr/... to /etc and it can't find =
them.  Booting sd1a:netbsd works fine.

The /etc/fstab is correct. but something funny is happening in the boot =
sequence.

I think the mistake I made was in the sysinst question "Do you want to =
install ... bootblocks?"=20

How can I fix this? =20

I am sorry for posting to this list, but I am not a member of -users =
despite my best efforts to join.

Ian Harding
Programmer/Analyst II
Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department