Subject: loading linux .sos?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Rasputin <rasputin@idoru.mine.nu>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/10/2003 12:19:45
Is this possible in theory?

I'm running Apache 2 and tomcat 4.1.18, tomcat runs under Sun's
JDK 1.3.1 using Linux emulation. This is a current i386 box.

mod_jk2 and mod_jk both work fine. I can also get them to talk via local
unix sockets without any problems..

I can't get a JNI link working though. Effectively this involves
mod_jk2.so, a native apache2 module, starting up an in-process JVM using
libjvm.so , which runs under Linux emulation.

By abusing LD_LIBRARY_PATH
(pointing it into /emul/linux/.../lib/ in /etc/rc.d/apache)
 I got libjvm.so to find the C/C++ shlib, but I now get the spawned
process dying with a sig10. I can't say it was a surprise :)

 I just wanted to know if I've missed something obvious, or if I'm
wasting my time. I'm assuming the problem is that the loader, etc.
doesn't realise these are Linux shared libraries, because they're
being loaded by a native app through a  native library, rather than by a
Linux binary.

Is there a way to mark them as alien, and would that help anyway?