Subject: NVidia drivers - an update
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Quentin Garnier <netbsd-port-i386@quatriemek.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/09/2003 17:05:24
Hi all,

I have managed finally to set up a web page for my port.

I didn't make as much progress in the last month as one could expect, but
it took me time to port the sysctl interface.

I've decided to provide some kind of a binary release containing a
NVidia-enabled GENERIC kernel, an updated XFree86 binary, and a sysctl
binary that allows reading the machdep.nvidia tree provided by the kernel.

You'll find all that, plus source code and info on how to make that run
here :

	http://ada.netbsd-fr.org/nbsd/netvidia/

ada from the NetBSD-fr team kindly provided me some space.

What's new:
 o sysctls
 o some code clean-up
 o fixed a bug in the pci_{read,write}_{byte,word} routines.

Now my AGP card is starting to work. It's still at 2X instead of 4X, and
requires the PCI card to be plugged in, but it's a progress. I've been
running it for about 2 days and used a lot mplayer/xv, and got no new
panic (I got two of them while using mplayer two days ago, but couldn't
prove they were related to the NVidia driver, although I'm pretty sure
they were. Still, I don't understand why I haven't got any since.).

--
Quentin Garnier - cube@cubidou.net
"Feels like I'm fiddling while Rome is burning down.