Subject: Re: netbsd/pc98
To: None <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/06/2003 22:00:19
In article <200301060926.h069QND05156@s102-n054.tele2.cz>
jdolecek@netbsd.org wrote:

> Pavel Cahyna wrote:
> > It's for a SCSI host adapter chip, made by Future domain. It's called
> > tmc18c30, the driver inn NetBSD/pc98 (and in FreeBSD) is called stg and
> > it lives in tmc18c30.c file.
>
> Oh cool! I think I have some of these as MCA cards, which I'd like to
> get that working eventually. I can try to help some with the
> driver update, if needed.

NetBSD/pc98 has their own layer "scsi_low" for _some_ dumb SCSI chips,
but we should have more generic SCSI protocol engine and all
SCSI drivers which don't have their own processors should share it.

Maybe MI ncr53c9x.c and sgimips/hpc/sbic.c are good start point..
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp