Subject: ugen instabilities?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Martijn van Buul <pino@dohd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/04/2003 15:51:11
I don't really know if this is i386-specific, but nonetheless:

I'm having some stability problems with the ugen (Generic USB device) driver in
-current. I'm working with a webcam, trying to make a better and more powerful
program than the graphics/vid package, and I'm having some problems with it.
Every now and then, it will crash the machine, and dump to the kernel debugger.
Unfortunately, I'm guaranteed to work under X then, that leaves me staring into
the dark. I got one crash while on the console once, and it was in one of the
ugen_ functions. However, I didn't think much of it then, and just thought
updated my kernel. Unfortunately, that didn't solve things.. Things *seem* to
get better if I configure a kernel without APM.

Is this a known issue, or should I try to locate a serial console so that
I can provide some more info? The problem is that it's not very easy
to reproduce..

The machine I'm working on is a PII-300. The machine is a Relevant dmesg
entries:

uhci0 at pci0 dev 7 function 2: Intel 82371AB USB Host Controller (PIIX4) (rev.
0x01)
uhci0: interrupting at irq 11
usb0 at uhci0: USB revision 1.0
uhub0 at usb0
uhub0: Intel UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
ugen0 at uhub0 port 2
ugen0: OmniVision OV511+ Camera, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 2

--
    Martijn van Buul -  Pino@dohd.org - http://www.stack.nl/~martijnb/
	 Geek code: G--  - Visit OuterSpace: mud.stack.nl 3333