Subject: Re: bluetooth
To: Iain Hibbert <plunky@rya-online.net>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/25/2002 10:22:31
On Wed, Dec 25, 2002 at 09:23:26AM +0000, Iain Hibbert wrote:

 > yes, I took a look at the FreeBSD pages, netgraph seemed
 > like a nice idea, (I dont really know enough to comment) but
 > of course we dont have it in NetBSD - is that likeley to be
 > ported?

There is a good chance that Netgraph will be integrated, yes.

That said, sure, Netgraph is a nice idea, but of course a nicer idea
would simply be a full-blown streams implementation (and before anyone
freaks out at the word "streams", I'm only referring to the notion of
being able to connect arbitrary functional units together with a consistent
interface, not specifying what that interface is...)

It's also unfortunate that Netgraph is a "bolt-on"; it duplicates some
functionality already present in the networking code.  Proper integration
of Netgraph means really drinking the kool-aid and making it *the* way
that packets are dispatched in the networking code.