Subject: Re: AMD Power Now!
To: Christian Hattemer <chris@heaven.riednet.wh.tu-darmstadt.de>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/14/2002 13:56:38
On Fri 13 Dec 2002 at 13:43:51 +0100, Christian Hattemer wrote:
> The hlt is executed regardless of APM being compiled in or not. But it
> doesn't seem to make a difference. Is the CPU restarted to early by some
> interrupt?
> It also seems that it doesn't halt correctly. While searching for information
> I found this: http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/171/2000/4/0/3659449/
> There are a lot of instructions between the sti and the hlt here. Could this
> be a problem?

I am now trying a more or less -current kernel which has the correct
sti;hlt sequence but with my very imprecise method I cannot detect a
temperature difference. You seem to have a temperature sensor, maybe you
can try the same?

> Bye, Chris
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@       -- Woe betide the one who feels
\X/ polderland.nl  -- remorse without sin - Tom Poes, "Het boze oog", 4444.