Subject: Re: lockups on smp -current box
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Sean Davis <dive@endersgame.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/10/2002 15:20:08
On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 11:47:32AM -0800, Michael Graff wrote:
> When I pound on the hard drives (IDE in this case) I get lockups.
> This seems only to occur when using ccd on two IDE disks in my
> semi-production box.  Grr.  :)  ddb does not respond.

You aren't by any chance using a motherboard with an HPT366 ATA66 controller for
the hard drives, are you? The HPT366 onboard the Abit BE6-2 (and others, i
presume) is buggy - lots of activity on both channels will hang the machine
completely. I was bitten by this, and ended up having to buy a PCI ide
controller.

-Sean

--
/~\ The ASCII