Subject: Re: NVidia binary driver
To: Andrzej Szeszo <aszeszo@o2.pl>
From: Quentin Garnier <netbsd-port-i386@quatriemek.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/09/2002 21:36:00
Le Mon, 9 Dec 2002 19:39:30 +0100
Andrzej Szeszo a écrit :
> Monday, December 9, 2002, 4:28:55 PM, you wrote:
> > XFree86.0.log shows AGP 2X, I suppose you have the same problem I
> > have, it should be 4X ?
> My chipset i440BX (ABIT BE6-2 mobo) does not support AGP 4x - only 1x
> and 2x.
>
> > I'd like the output of xvinfo too, although I doubt it will be much
> > better than mine.
> I have included xvinfo and dpyinfo output as attachments.

Well, I'm surprised xv works on your system.

Maybe there's something wrong... Does xv _really_ work ? Did you try, say
mplayer with good results ?

I've just remembered NVidia provides what really looks like an xvideo lib
which I installed, but I haven't tested without it.

${NVIVIA_ROOT}/obj/libXvMCNVIDIA.{a,so.1} goes in ${X11BASE}/lib, and then
symlink libXvMCNVIDIA.so to libXvMCNVIDIA.so.1.

--
Quentin Garnier - cube@cubidou.net
"Feels like I'm fiddling while Rome is burning down.