Subject: Re: Matrox G550
To: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
From: Sergio Jimenez Romero <TripleDES@eSlack.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/08/2002 03:06:21
On Sat, 7 Dec 2002 16:38:23 -0500 (EST)
"Brian A. Seklecki" <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Dec 2002 @ 5:00pm (-0000), Sergio Jimenez Romero wrote:
>
> SJR> Hi, I have a Matrox G550 and tried to compile matrox drivers with xsrc, but don't have luck. It works "fine" with xfree mga driver, but mplayer doesn't play ok with '-vo xv', image blinks with green colors....
>
> ...what's the output of xvinfo(1) say?
>
> some XV matrox notes at:
>
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/video.html
>
> -lava
>

> SJR> Is there a possibility to compile matrox drivers, and...problem with mplayer will be fixed with offcial drivers ?
> SJR>
> SJR> Thanks.
> SJR> Regards.
> SJR>
> SJR>
> SJR> --
> SJR> TripleDES <TripleDES@eSlack.org>
> SJR> Do you BSD?

I've tried xvinfo, and it says a lot of things...like

 maximum XvImage size: 1024 x 768
 and some stuff about YUY2 and YV12
 and depth mode (24)

after this I changed my XF86Config from 1152x864 to 1024x768, and tried mplayer, it didn't work ok. Then I reconfigured XF86Config to 16 depth mode and 1152x864 after this last change it has worked very good, fullscreen too without messages about LOW CPU and xvinfo maximum size changed to 2046 x 2046.

Thanks.

Best regards.

--

http://www.hispabsd.org