Subject: Re: interrupt issues
To: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/05/2002 00:44:50
On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 10:34:55AM +1100, Daniel Carosone wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 02:51:22PM -0800, Michael Graff wrote:
> > My dual CPU machine locked up again when sending large amounts of data
> > over the ethernet.  This time it locked up and went into a tight
> > transmit loop, tried sending 9 megabytes/sec over our company DS3 as
> > well as flooded my home DSL off the air.

[...]

> (Just in case you don't, and for the benefit of other readers)
> Make sure you have really-current sources; there was a problem with
> locking out softints that can corrupt mbufs fixed just a day or two ago.

What Dan said. The softint problem could cause exactly the problem
you describe. In fact, it did for me once (although I did not realise
it at the time). It would corrupt mbuf chains, and there was a chance
of an mbuf chain becoming circular, resulting in a packet flood.

Also, be sure to have sys/arch/i386/i386/vector.S rev 1.4.

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                                    fvdl@wasabisystems.com
Quality NetBSD Development, Support & Service.   http://www.wasabisystems.com/