Subject: Re: interrupt issues
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/05/2002 10:34:55
On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 02:51:22PM -0800, Michael Graff wrote:
> My dual CPU machine locked up again when sending large amounts of data
> over the ethernet.  This time it locked up and went into a tight
> transmit loop, tried sending 9 megabytes/sec over our company DS3 as
> well as flooded my home DSL off the air.

ouch

> I think there are still cases where the interrupt code has issues.  It
> may just be this machine, or it may be all dual, or it may be
> something else, but there are issues.
>
> I can't provide any more useful report than this, since when it does
> this even DDB isn't usable.

(Just in case you don't, and for the benefit of other readers)
Make sure you have really-current sources; there was a problem with
locking out softints that can corrupt mbufs fixed just a day or two ago.

The machine can be remarkably stable (i got several builds done
with the bug in place), but network traffic can cause serious grief.

--
Dan.